Thursday, January 27, 2011

The new face of Cinema Republica

Yesterday evening, as I was in a hurry to catch the bus, I realized that the bus station was not in the same place I left it in the morning, in front of Cinema Republica (The Republic). The big crowd and the police officers were not waiting for bus 32, but for something much more important. Somehow I managed to get on the bus thanks to an old lady that stopped it in the middle of the street and asked the driver to open the doors.
So what was all that about?... Cinema Republica got a new face and a new name. Now it is called Cinema Florin Piersic after one of the most important Romanian living actors, who is from Cluj. He was at the grand opening, of course. There were rumors (my dad told me) of him making his appearance on the back of a horse. The fireworks were very nice!



Republica was, in the old days (before the malls), the largest and most up-to-date cinema in Cluj-Napoca, home of TIFF and other film festivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails